Saturday, October 12

think simple

Recently it feels like I am, again, walking through another phase in work-life. It suddenly hit me real hard last week, even though changes started to take place some time 3 months ago. I wished life had been easier and simpler, but often much things just don't work the way you expect them to.

Efficiency at work is once again challenged nowadays. It seems like covering the workload of 3 people in the team is draining all the energy from me. Learning point number one, let go. Delegating task to others can help lessen the load, even when that means you need to spend time coaching and checking through their work. From me, I get to off-load and provide opportunities to others. However it takes time to loosen your grip on the responsibility that has been on you all these while.

Managing people is another key learning for me. Learning point number two, talk less. The difference between 'talk-less' and talk less is that the latter creates fewer 'troubles'. No man is an island; no office is gossip-less. Trusting a colleague is never easy, furthermore to throw rants and complain about stuff. Keeping all emotions to oneself might be the only way, but of course try to offload them somewhere if not mental health will soon be damaged. I need to further improve myself in this area just so that I don't end up going crazy.

Last learning point of today, learning to say 'no'. This has got to be the hardest for me right now, voicing out my concerns. Managing one's own expectation versus boss' expectation requires all parties to have a clear mind, set objectives, agree on a common pathway and the passion to follow everything through. Its just tiring to be doing all the extras and no one appreciates/remunerates your effort, especially when you are already de-motivated and your progression has just been delayed. 

KISS: keep it simple stupid! :)

No comments: